Spicy Meatballs: How to Make Spicy Australian Meatballs for busy families
These Spicy meatballs are full of flavor and go great stuffed into pita pockets or dipped in a minty yogurt sauce. Spicy Meatballs are a terrific party snack that people of all ages will enjoy. These simple and easy meatballs are made with either pork, chicken, or lamb meat. Spicy Meatballs are wonderful and can be served with your choices of gravy/main course or with pita bread, salsa, and salad. Try this mesmerizing recipe if you have friends coming over and want to impress them with your food mastery. Your guests will be grateful to you for treating them so well!
You may also make this simple recipe for special occasions such as potlucks, parties, and family gatherings. This meatball dish is also strong on the spice scale. If you can’t stand spicy cuisine, you can modify this recipe by reducing the amount of red chili powder to your liking. Let’s start and try to make these meatballs with your favorite beverage or cocktail.
Factors to relish these spiced meatballs
- These meatballs are suitable for people of all ages and are excellent for introducing flavor when using baby-led weaning.
- Double the recipe and save half for another night.
- Delicious hot or cold, put them into pitas or enjoy them cold in salads.
- 1 pound beef/pork ground
- 1 pound of bread crumbs
- Two tiny sliced onions
- One teaspoon of curry powder
- One tablespoon of Italian seasoning, dry
- One egg, beaten
- One minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of milk
- /1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- One margarine tablespoon
- Two tiny sliced onions
- A quarter cup of ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup beef sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. granulated instant coffee
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Three tbsp. lemon juice
Preparation of making Spicy Australian Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. (190 degrees C). Combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, two onions, curry powder, Italian seasoning, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix in the milk gently until you get a nice texture for creating meatballs. You might not need the entire carton of milk. Form the meat into balls about the size of golf balls. Place them in a baking dish that has been buttered.
- In a preheated oven, bake the meatballs for 30 minutes. Begin cooking the sauce as soon as the meatballs come out of the range.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine.
- Stir until the remaining onions are browned. Combine the ketchup, beef stock, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, instant coffee, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce to low heat and cook, stirring periodically, till the meatballs are done.
- Drain any extra grease after removing the meatballs from the oven. Transfer to the oven and pour the sauce over them. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- These meatballs taste much better after resting for a few minutes to soak up the sauce. You can make the dish for lunch and set it aside to chill. Return it to the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes to warm for dinner. This is optional, but it enhances the flavor!
How can I keep the meatballs from falling apart when cooking?
First and foremost, ensure that the mixture is neither too wet nor too dry. Mix the meatball mixture with your hands to feel the texture. To help keep everything together, finely cut the onions as small as possible. Chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes after shaping them into meatballs.
Some important notes to keep in mind while making spicy meatballs
- Keeping the meatballs small in size will be easier to handle and serve.
- When making the meatballs, avoid packing them too tightly to prevent rough textures.
- Wet your hands briefly in cold water or lightly brush with olive oil to prevent the meat from sticking to your hands.
- Chill the meatballs in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before cooking to prevent them from splitting.
- To sear the meatballs, heat the oil until it begins to smoke. This is done to keep the meatballs moist by sealing the liquids!
We hope this guide has assisted you in knowing how to make the perfect spicy meatballs at home. The combination of minced beef, as well as the flavors of garlic, make these meatballs unique. They’re simple to make from beginning to end, and these spicy beef meatballs take about an hour and a half to prepare.