For the Reuben Sandwich:
- 8 slices of rye bread (or your preferred bread)
- 1 pound (about 450g) Gamze Smokehouse Smoked Beef, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Russian dressing or Thousand Island dressing
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Dill pickles, for serving (optional)
For Russian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare Russian Dressing (if not using store-bought):
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, sweet pickle relish, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
2. Assemble the Reuben Sandwiches:
- Lay out 4 slices of rye bread on a clean surface.
- Spread a generous amount of Russian dressing (or Thousand Island dressing) on each slice.
- Place a layer of Gamze Smokehouse Smoked Beef on top of the dressing.
- Add a portion of sauerkraut on top of the beef.
- Layer two slices of Swiss cheese on each sandwich.
- Top with the remaining slices of rye bread.
3. Cook the Sandwiches:
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread softened butter on the outsides of each sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3-4 minutes per side. You can use a panini press or a sandwich press if you have one.
4. Slice and Serve:
- Remove the sandwiches from the skillet and let them rest for a minute.
- Carefully slice each Reuben sandwich in half diagonally.
- Serve with dill pickles on the side if desired.
Enjoy your Gamze Smokehouse Smoked Beef Reuben Sandwiches! They’re a flavorful and satisfying meal, perfect for lunch or dinner.