For the Eggs Benedict:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices of Gamze Smokehouse smoked pork scotch
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (for poaching eggs)
- Fresh chives or parsley, for garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
1. Prepare the Hollandaise Sauce:
- In a blender, combine the egg yolks and fresh lemon juice. Blend for about 5 seconds until well mixed.
- While the blender is running, slowly drizzle in the melted butter in a steady stream until the sauce thickens and becomes creamy. This should take about 20-30 seconds.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Blend for a few more seconds to combine. Keep the Hollandaise sauce warm while you prepare the rest of the dish.
2. Poach the Eggs:
- Fill a large, shallow pan with about 2 inches of water. Add the white vinegar and bring the water to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat.
- Crack each egg into a separate small bowl or ramekin. This makes it easier to slide them into the simmering water.
- Create a gentle whirlpool in the simmering water by stirring it with a spoon. Carefully slide each egg into the center of the whirlpool. This helps the egg whites wrap around the yolks.
- Poach the eggs for about 3-4 minutes for a runny yolk or longer if you prefer them more well-done. Use a slotted spoon to remove the poached eggs and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess water.
3. Assemble the Eggs Benedict:
- Place the toasted English muffin halves on serving plates.
- Lay a slice of Gamze Smokehouse smoked pork scotch on top of each muffin half.
- Carefully place a poached egg on top of the smoked pork scotch.
- Spoon a generous amount of the Hollandaise sauce over the poached eggs.
4. Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle fresh chives or parsley over the top of each Eggs Benedict for a pop of color and flavor.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve your Gamze Smokehouse Smoked Pork Scotch Eggs Benedict immediately while the eggs are warm and the Hollandaise sauce is rich and creamy. Enjoy your gourmet breakfast or brunch!