- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 30g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to fry
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 200g hot-smoked salmon fillet, skin removed, flaked
- Your choice of relish
- Salt to season
- Combine egg yolks, ricotta, parmesan, flour, melted butter and herbs in a bowl. Season and beat with a fork to combine.
- Place the egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk until soft peaks form, then fold, one spoonful at a time, into the ricotta mixture until just combined.
- Heat a little extra butter in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan to make four 8cm fritters. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden, then transfer to a plate, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Serve fritters topped with smoked salmon, your choice of relish. Sprinkle herbs generously.